Transportation Sales Associate
Specialized Transportation Services, Inc. (STS) is a leading truckload carrier primarily serving customers east of I-35. Our new business strategy has identified the need for a Transportation Sales Associate with a proven track record to help maintain and develop new business in a very competitive industry.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
• Ability to build and manage a portfolio of strong customers and accounts.
• Salesmanship skills: effective questioning & listening, negotiation skills, problem-solving, account qualification and closing skills.
• Interact with internal management to develop joint account strategies.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date sales records including weekly sales call updates & itinerary as needed.
• Assist STS Mgmt. to determine unprofitable or below-market rates within customer rate schedule and propose increases or adjustments as needed.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of the Sales and Marketing strategic plan.
• Determine and evaluate customer needs, prepare sales presentations, negotiate and formulate rate proposals, provide needed customer service follow-up, and prepare sales correspondence as needed.
• Working on a fast-paced sales floor, making & receiving numerous calls to existing or potential clients.
• Travel to visit existing and prospective customers as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or proven transportation experience
• Minimum 1-year transportation sales experience
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Minimal travel required
Pay, benefits and more:
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including:
• Complete insurance package (medical, dental and vision)
• No cost telemedicine program
• 401(k) with company match
• Life insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick leave
• Cell Phone and New Vehicle Discounts
• Disability and more
If you are an enthusiastic, driven leader who shares our core values and who possesses a professional and positive attitude, we are looking for you.
To express your interest in the position, please forward resume to email@example.com.