Entry Level Transportation Recruiting Assistant
SPECIALIZED TRANSPORTATION SERVICES is currently seeking to hire a Driver Recruiter for our truckload operation. The Driver Recruiter role is responsible and accountable for effectively sourcing, recruiting and interviewing qualified driver applicants. You will be responsible for maintaining standards as outlined by company policy in regards to the hiring of drivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Respond to and act on various leads and sell driving opportunities by telephone and in person. Take incoming calls from prospective drivers. Introduce program offerings and career opportunities, conduct a needs analysis, effectively deal with callers objections and close on quality candidates to hire.
2. Conduct interviews of qualified candidates and evaluate for job consideration. Inform candidates of the additional requirements for information and paperwork needed to continue the recruiting process.
3. Interface with internal departments for candidates’ screening/testing.
4. Follow up via phone or written contact with all pending candidates.
5. Meet or exceed specific weekly and monthly hiring goals.
6. Maintain superior customer service with candidates, internal departments and driver recruiting associates.
7. Travel to job fairs and work industry trade shows as needed.
8. Track calls generated from all forms of advertising.
9. Make arrangements and schedule drivers for Orientation.
10. Excel in driver retention programs and continue relationships with drivers beyond recruiting.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work load; attention to detail.
2. Effective interpersonal communication skills- both oral and written. Pleasant but assertive-persuasive telephone personality.
3. Interviewing skills to include the ability to listen and analyze answers, and ask appropriate questions.
4. Self motivated and self directed.
5. Previous position where sound judgment, initiative, and tactful communication skills were demonstrated.
6. Ability to make decisions based on objective data obtained from applications and during interviews.
7. Ability to type and use personal computers, submit reports using MS Office and internal software programs.
8. Ability to work within a team by providing support to other team members and maintaining productivity levels.
9. Ability to work varied hours to include weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
10. Have an understanding of the transportation industry.
11. Experience with Tenstreet Xpress & Xchange applications.
12. Experience ordering MVR’S, Widescreen criminal, SSN Verifications & previous employment verification’s a plus.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD FORWARD RESUME TO JOBS@SHIPSTS.COM