1. What type of driving opportunities do you provide?
STS offers Casual, Local, Dedicated, Regional, and OTR positions in various locations. Call to inquire about availability in the area you live.
2. How much driving experience does STS require?
We require 12 months verifiable OTR driving experience in the previous 36 months or at least 6 months in the last 12 month period using equipment similar to ours: a conventional tractor and 53’ trailer. We also prefer experience with an in-cab satellite communication system such as Peoplenet.
3. What is your starting and top out pay?
Local positions, that pay mileage, start at 33 CPM and top out at 38 CPM
Dedicated positions start at 36 CPM and top out at 41 CPM
Regional positions start at 40 CPM and top out at 44 CPM
OTR positions start at 48 CPM and top out at 50 CPM
4. What options do I have to receive my payroll?
STS offers direct deposit into a bank account of your choice or we can deposit your pay onto a fuel card.
5. How often will I get home?
Local positions are home daily
Dedicated positions are home some during the week and during the weekend.
Regional positions are home one time per week, normally on the weekend.
OTR positions earn one day off for every 7 days worked. Scheduled time off cannot exceed 7 consecutive days.
6. Can I take the truck home?
Most STS drivers are required to park at terminal locations. Drivers who live in remote areas will park at pre-approved locations.
7. What type of equipment do you operate?
Our fleet consists of 2013 – 2017 Volvo and Mack sleeper and day cabs.
8. What speed is your equipment governed at?