Shop Manager – Canton, MS
This position will be responsible for leading Tractor/Trailer Mechanics to meet efficiency metrics for trailer/tractor repairs and for understanding all phases of equipment repair. Ideal applicant must be willing to perform some hands on functions and have personal tools.
• Determine daily work load and assign employees to best utilize the resources of the Trailer/Tractor Mechanic staff. Lead, mentor, and motivate assigned team members to achieve maximum production efficiencies.
• Trains and ensures adherence to departmental and standard operating procedures; including safety guidelines, company policies, and PPE requirements.
• Maintain and boost production efficiencies, initiate and implement continuous improvement.
• Responsible for the development, discipline, and management of assigned employees; measured by the achievement of safety, quality, productivity, review, and retention goals of the organization.
• Estimate service bids as needed and proper processing and scheduling of service orders.
• Ensure that all employees in the department understand how to do their job and are trained properly.
• As designated, will work with customers (by phone and in person) and processing, completion of warranty claims and service issues.
• Performs hands on mechanic functions and continues to bill out as much of his time as possible.
• Keep the shop and trailer lot clean, organized, and trailers in order and maintain all service department equipment so it stays in good working order.
• Maintain storage areas and see that they are organized and secure.
• Ensure the Trailer/Tractor Mechanics are accurately recording the parts required to do the service jobs.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
o Prior supervisory/ mechanic experience helpful.
o Ability to work with general supervision and make basic quality decisions.
o Must be able to work with customers and other employees and communicate effectively both orally and in writing in person and over the phone.
o Must have working knowledge of how trailer/ is assembled.
o Must have the ability write repair orders and estimates and to estimate timelines & schedules for the repair of trailers.
Office equipment, e-mail, Internet, Hand Tools, Welders, Air tools, Fork Lift, Tractor Diagnostic Equipment.
o Ability to work in a standing position and/or walk up to 100% of the time.
o Ability to bend, stoop, crawl around equipment, crawl in and out of tubs and trailers and to work from ladders.
o Ability to carry objects weighting up to 50 lbs for a distance of 10-50 feet. Objects over 50lbs, use two people.
STS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary based on candidate’s experience.
You are expected to supply your own hand tools, follow company policies and safety guidelines, keep the shop clean and submit accurate paperwork.
This is a full time 50 hour per week position with occasional after-hour call-outs. Uniforms are provided and full benefits package available after 60 days.
o BCBS Health
o Dental, Vision
o AllState Critical Illness and Accident Coverage
o 401K, with Company match
o Paid Vacation
o Paid Holidays
o Paid PTO
o Term Life and Short-Term Disability
Applicants Can Apply Now By:
Submitting an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; or apply direct by following the link below